NOTE: AIRMAR NO LONGER MANUFACTURES THIS PRODUCT
Airmar’s R299 is radically different. Why? Because it operates at ANY frequency between 33 kHz to 60 kHz and 130 kHz to 210 kHz. Adjusting the frequency allows you to change the R299’s Beamwidth and depth capabilities. For example, if you are bottom fishing in 61 m (200′) of water, the narrow high-frequency beam will display extreme bottom detail and fish holding tight to structure. If you are tuna or marlin fishing in deep blue water, the wider, low-frequency beam will not only give deep-water bottom detail, but more importantly show you what is around your vessel—including bait which may attract game fish. Widen the band and increase the catch with the R299.
Because the R299 has a bandwidth that covers a continuous frequency spectrum, next generation fish finders can be made “tunable”, so fishermen can “dial-in” the best frequency for the target-fish species or conditions.
- 2,000 to 3,000 Watts RMS, 30 to 60 continuous Watts
- Depth Only
- In-Hull, Epoxy Housing
- Operating Frequencies: LF—28 to 60 kHz HF—130 to 210 kHz
- 15 m (50′) cable
- Beamwidth (Adjustable): LF—11° x 17° to 6° x 11° HF—7° to 5°
- Boat Size: 9 m (30′) and up
- Optionally available as R299LM, low & medium-frequency (85 to 135 kHz)
- Exclusive Xducer ID® technology
- Weight: 24.8 kg (54.8 lb)
- Hull Deadrise: 0° to 22°
- Acoustic Window: Epoxy/urethane